2016 will be the year that everything and nothing changes, just like 2014 and 2015 then! A year of contradictions… of opposites:
- Everything will be the same but nothing will be the same
- We will be even more closely connected yet less connected at the same time
- We will become even closer but even more lonely
- It may even be the year that social media gets exhausted
- Everything will go faster but slower
- We will want everything faster but we will want things slower.
Some predictions from myself and top articles online suggest…2:22 movie trailer
Top trends for 2016 will include:
1 The Digital Stuff
Your digital footprint will be your most valuable asset
Customers talk and now they talk more than ever – what others say about you will be more important than what you say (advertising is dying). Natives naturally check out who says what about you and compare it with what you say and how you say it.
More, more, more
Customers will want/demand/expect more of a 360 degree experience – more of everything… an immersive experience. 4D is better than 3D, etc… we will be expecting smell, taste, sound. Not just products.
Faster, faster, hyper-fast.
Living in what Mack calls “the age of impatience”, customers expect more, faster and more conveniently than ever before. The consequence of this is that we become more impulsive – the logical extension of going faster.